Saturday, August 9, 2008

Second time is the charm

If I didn't like the music of Abba so much I might have walked out of the movie Mamma Mia, I had a hard time with the casting what were they thinking? Only Amanda Seyfried who plays Sophie has any business singing, she is young and pretty and has a beautiful voice. Lacie and I laughed the hardest when Pierce Brosnan tried to sing, now mind you I knew he was in the movie I just assumed he wouldn't be singing, he has guts that's for sure. I have seen Meryl Streep sing in some movie with Greg Kinnear and she can make her way through a song or two. By the time the movie was over all I could do was shake my head and ask "what was Tom Hanks and Rita Willson thinking when they produced this movie". Now here is the strange part I didn't really like the movie and trashed talked too, but I couldn't get it off my mind, I did like the story line and the music, so when a couple of friends said they hadn't seen it and wanted to, I decided to go again, I have no idea why but I did.

The second time was a charm for sure, I really did like it a lot, maybe because I wasn't expecting a true musical and was able to have fun and just enjoy and laugh at the movie. By the end I was ready to go out and get a 70's garb, practice up on my Abba and find some more friends to go the movie again. I'm sure Lacie will think I'm crazy but I plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

2 comments:

Amber said...

YAY I am so excited that you found a way to enjoy it! You definitely have to go in comparing it to a broadway musical (they can be kind of wacky) rather than a movie. I didn't mind that some of them couldn't really sing-I just liked all of the upbeat happy songs and dancing. I think I will buy the soundtrack...or maybe just download the songs sang by Sophie--she was really good :-)

Annie Miller said...

I think this one all depends on your mood. It's either really stupid and corny or you laugh your butt off (I laughed by butt off). Going with a bunch of loud obnoxious family members/girlfriends definately helps!